Translate

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Comments going to spam. Apologies to readers.

Google play around with The Tap something rotten.  The shills have gone from comments mostly.  Maybe that's because they get deleted.  The tactic now is to send your good comments to spam.  I saw one in my email and couldn't locate it on the blog, so went to look in spam just now, and Boy!   There were endless good comments there, mostly in support of what was written in the posts, and adding other ideas.

I released as many as I could (20 or so) before the page froze.  You occasionally find one good comment in there or two, but not 20.  This is a new form of interference.  Readers complain also of finding it hard to get comments through.  We are being hindered all the time.

I can see other interferences going on, which I won't detail at this stage, as I want to see how they progress first.

Other bloggers have set up their own .com's to get away from Google.  I thought about doing so, but haven't done so.  I still find the google environment useful despite the various assaults.

 That said I read on beforeitsnews that they are coming in for the attentions of the internet 'police', and are hindered on facebook and the like, as we are.  Yet they have their own .com

  That site copied its style from The Tap IMO.  When our stories got to 20% of their traffic,  someone started blocking us on the site, but the editors copied our style of story and their traffic has since surged.   They weren't a 'conspiracy' blog two years ago, but they are now.  Even with endless hindrance and manipulation, we get to many new readers every day, some important ones.  We'll only move when the minuses outweigh the pluses.

Right now I'd say we are doing OK, if readers won't be put off by a little comment interference along the way.  There's nothing to say it will stop if we move to another site.  Only a forum would ensure we are back in control, and that would mean a lot of extra work.  It's only a hobby, and I have to fit in around family life.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its great to see/read your valued update TAP.

As always all your hard work is read daily and sincerely appreciated.

The growing input & support from your trusted readers helps expand the mind & keep us all up to date

In one word "BRILLIANT"

A big needed responsibility, Please keep it up.

HETT

Anonymous said...

A very informative blog indeed! Keep it up Tap
James

Anonymous said...

I noticed some of my recent comments never appeared, I did think to start with you had decided they weren't worth letting through, but then I realised that's not your style.

Anonymous said...

Almost all of my previous posts never showed up. They couldn't all be that bad.